Saturday, August 2, 2008

Going to an Auction

My wife and I had planned to buy a mini-van today, but that didn't work out well. The young man called and said his girl-friend couldn't find the Title! Oh well...maybe she didn't want him to sell it.

We did go to an auction, to look for a riding lawn mower. We got there early, and found several that would work for us, but we had other errands so we left, hoping to come back in time to bid on the red one in the picture to the right.

On the way, I got some photos of a lot of great stuff! Old toys, Shot-guns and magazine collections. I really wanted the National Geographic collection, but I have no idea where I'd put them in our small home.

Somebody spent a lot of time reading, and dreaming of distant places. I will always wonder who bought these magazines, and how much they sold for.

I really loved this wagon load of toys, and I especially liked the black truck in the middle of the table.

Some guns, nothing special. Just a few hunting rifles and shot-guns. I imagine anything rare or valuable went to the children or heirs.

Anyway, if you want to hear what an auction sounds like, check the video out. It's a short ( one minute ) clip. I just love the cadence of the auctioneer's voice!

No comments: