Sunday, August 3, 2008

Before and After

This is me, as I looked for a barber. There are many in Sparta IL, but I'm really picky when it comes to letting someone close to my neck with a sharp object in their hand!

In this picture, I'm standing in front of a modern, uni-sex shop who's prices start at $14. That's why I'm laughing!

I did go in, and tried to talk to the lady at the front desk, but she was really pushy, and the first thing she wanted to know was my phone number ( ? ). What the....

I don't give out phone numbers, SSAN numbers and such to every merchant I meet, so I laughed, and asked if I could get my beard cut off, and maybe a shave too. No such luck, so it was off to the next shop, laughing....

I found the shop I was looking for in the old part of town. If you look close, you can see the prices on the wall ( hair-cut includes beard ! )

I talked with the two barbers for about half an hour while one cut my hair and beard. We spoke of good times, and bad. We found we had a lot in common.

And during the entire visit, no one asked for my phone number, SSAN number, proof of residency or any thing like that. I'll be going back for trims and such, and maybe just to talk a bit.

So, what do you think? Before or After, Better or Worse? $14 or $7.50 ( + tip )?

No comments: